We all know safety is important and it comes at a cost.
We have a full range of services and parts we can provide you with to ensure your driving on the road safely.
We'd rather you didn't totally rely on the NCT to keep you safe but take the task on yourself and have your car serviced regularly and maintained be an expert mechanic.
PLEASE PREPARE FOR YOUR NCT BY ENSURING THAT:
1. Your car has adequate oil and water.
2. The boot is empty and your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal belongings.
3. The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the underbody).
4. The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
5. The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt / timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
6. All seat belts and clips are fully visible (including rear).
7. We also recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
8. Your Vehicle Registration Book, Registration Certificate or Licensing Certificate is with you when you arrive at the test centre.
9. You bring identification (driving licence) with you on the day of the test. The person who brings the car for inspection brings their identification with them (driving licence) as failure to provide the required identification will result in the vehicle not being issued an NCT certificate at the time of testing
10. You have your test fee of €55.00, plus any cancellation fee (if applicable) payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards (excluding American Express).
11. Your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection
12. Your registration plates comply with current regulations If the above items are not taken care of, NCTS may be unable to test your vehicle.
Applus+ is operating the National Car Testing service on behalf of the Road Safety Authority and is committed to providing the highest standards of customer service. We are the only provider of the service nationwide and are totally independent of the motor industry and do not engage in garage service and repair activities. When having your vehicle inspected by the Applus+ NCTS you will receive a fair, uniform and impartial service.
Here are some things you might now know about National Car Testing Service
- All our 500+ NCT Inspectors are qualified vehicle mechanics
- Over 60% of our bookings are now made online through this website
- We employ over 800 staff across our 48 locations in Ireland
- We will carry out over 2 million NCT tests this year
- The technology on our test lane compares each test result to the previous 10 tests to ensure each piece of test equipment is operating correctly
- You can now check the validity of any vehicle’s NCT certificate on NCTS website
- Our centres are audited both internally and independently over 2,000 times each year
- Over 90% of you were satisfied or very satisfied with the service received from NCTS